Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sometimes You Realize You Need to Pray More

In the past week we have talked with a couple people who have previously worked in the classroom that Isaiah will be attending next year. We have had a mixed reaction from them when learning that Isaiah will be in that classroom next year. Honestly, not a lot was said, but some worry cropped up again by what was not said. In one instance, I was waiting for the woman to exude confidence and positiveness about the teacher and classroom and while she didn't say anything negative, she also didn't say anything positive. That left my brain to connect the dots and maybe in a way that I shouldn't. I began to spin out of control with "did we make the right decision?" again, but the bottom line was we had two choices and we picked the one that seemed to be less problematic. I'm really hoping that in six months I read back through this and think, "what was I so worried about?"

Tony recorded our IEP and I listened to portions of it today. I think we should have been recording all of our major doctor appointments too because it's nice (sort of) to go back and review what was said. Of course, it got me motoring down the worry train track again and feeling like I didn't push hard enough for him, especially that I should have pushed for more therapy minutes. I've been fretting about that for the last hour or so when I was just convicted that I need to give these things up more and pray with expectation for peace.

My sister in law just got amazing news that a surgery she was most certainly going to have to schedule is no longer necessary. The doctor told her he had not seen a recovery like she has had and she immediately gave thanks to those who prayed for her. It was a great reminder to me to be in prayer for Isaiah's health and developmental needs, as well as our peace and trust in where God leads in Isaiah's life. One of my favorite verses on peace is after all from the book of Isaiah.



Isaiah 26:3

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment