I shared earlier this week about struggling with worry and wanting more peace about Isaiah's future. I expected a vague sense of peace, but instead I got some concrete reasons to be more at peace about next year. First, a good friend who is an SLP (speech language pathologist) called me yesterday morning and encouraged me that the amount of therapy Isaiah will get next year at school will probably be just fine, especially since he is in an intensive classroom where his therapy goals will be worked on all the time.
Then last night a woman from our church watched Isaiah while we attended Micah's concert. She is currently subbing as an occupational therapist in the classroom Isaiah will be in next year. For as small of a classroom as it is (only 6-8 kids), we have now spoken with three people who have worked with his teacher. This woman had great things to say about his future teacher and how much she advocates for the kids in her classroom. Anyway, I just wanted to share the quick answer I got when crying out for peace. It's not always that quick or concrete, but I'm thankful for it this time.
On a funny note, Isaiah's answer to almost every question right now is "Daddy." Isaiah was being funny the other day and I asked "whose a silly boy?" His response was "Daddy." Today, Isaiah dumped all of his dirty clothes out of his laundry basket. When I came in to his room and asked, "What happened here?" he said, "Daddy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment