Wednesday, May 11, 2011




Elise had lots of funny things to say this morning, albeit with a straight face not meaning to be funny. First, she told me that she thinks she is a sidekick. I asked her whose sidekick she was and she said, "That must be the wrong word. I mean that I can see into the future." When I asked her for some proof of her psychic abilities she said that she "totally predicted that we would have fruit snacks at our school party." Psychic hotline here she comes!

We have been trying to eat healthier dinners lately which means more fish and chicken. Elise informed us this morning that she was a "fish and chicken vegetarian" meaning she can't eat fish or chicken. Looks like she might be hungry in the evenings.

Elise was once again in search of one of my brushes this morning before school because this particular brush makes her hair "way less crazy."



Micah also made me laugh without meaning to, but it was more along the lines of laugh so you don't lose your mind. We sent a cake to school with Elise today for a greek festival. Micah immediately demanded "Did you make a cake for my greek festival three years ago." "Why yes I did." "Are you going to attend Elise's greek festival because you didn't attend mine?" I'm growing weary of the comparisons and "fair/not fair" reactions to almost everything I do. I mean how ridiculous to ask if I made a cake three years ago?! I need to figure out a creative way to deal with it and I'm thinking that shouting, "You have no idea how much more attention you have received over the years as my first born child" might not be the best way to handle it. My brother's family did a "not fair" tally chart a few years ago to bring to my nieces' attention how often they said that. The details are fuzzy in my head as to what they actually did with the chart (rewards, penalties, etc.) so enlighten me, bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment