Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mommy "Got Schooled" Today



I went to observe in Isaiah's classroom today and boy was I schooled! It turns out that Isaiah is able to do all sorts of things that I would not have guessed. He worked hard for 30 minutes on matching and imitation activities, sitting still the whole time. Then he moved on to circle time where he sat quietly and participated for 20 solid minutes! Who is this child? This was followed by working with his occupational therapist for several minutes. While he was working with his occupational therapist the other children were in free play time and boy was it loud and busy in there. Again, I was sure Isaiah wouldn't work in an environment like that and again I got schooled. The occupational therapist brought out a five piece puzzle and I immediately thought, "Here we go. He'll take out all of the pieces, but not try to put any back." He proved me wrong again. He was able to take them all out, then put them all back in correctly. He has never done this at home or in private therapy so I was pretty convinced that he wasn't capable of it. While at school for an hour this morning I heard him say all of the teachers' and therapists' names as well as lots of other words. Note to self: QUIT SAYING "ISAIAH CAN'T."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's impressive stuff. Keep up the good work.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete