Saturday, April 30, 2011

Moments I Wish I Had Videotaped This Week

My niece is getting ready for prom today and I'm hoping (strongly suggesting) that her parents are taking lots of pictures and videos today to share with me. In thinking about that, I thought of several moments this week I wish I could have captured on video or picture.

I would have liked to be able to watch Micah absorb the impact of cleaning up someone's home that has been demolished by a tornado. On a funnier note, I wish I could share a videotape of us pulling up to the youth group lock in last night. Middle school girls were calling his name and giggling while Micah was oblivious and scanning the church property for a football game. I should have videotaped his bloodshot eyes and stumble as he came in from his first ever all nighter as a visual reminder of what lack of sleep can do to you.

I wish the video camera was rolling when Isaiah climbed into his dining room chair by himself, said "Mommy" to get my attention instead of yelling at me and then signed "cheese please" because he saw Elise eating cheese. If I had three hands (which I really think I actually need), it would have been fun to videotape all of the hugs he has given me this week while wrapping him up in big hugs with my other two arms. It would have been interesting to record Isaiah's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" moment yesterday in speech therapy when he was happily playing with new toys, but as soon as the speech language pathologist said "match," he instantaneously went into meltdown mode because he knew hard work was ahead of him.

I should have snapped a picture of Elise in a very colorful ensemble this week. She walked out of the house with a teal shirt, purple pants, a yellow coat and baby blue flip-flops. She looked like a walking Easter basket. As far as video coverage of Elise, any video of her telling a story with all of her details would be funny. Honestly, I wish I could video some of her dreams. She has always had an active imagination, but her dream world kicks that up a million times.

No comments:

Post a Comment