It has been another fun weekend of Elise musings. Most of her thoughts have been surrounding the expectation of a new cousin who will be arriving tomorrow. Elise has "lost all of my patience in this process." That's a direct quote that I have heard multiple times in the past couple weeks. I always think of my sister in law who is now 40 weeks pregnant when Elise says that because really I think Katie is more effected by the waiting than Elise.
Elise overheard Katie and Ed mention that they weren't certain about a name a couple weeks ago so she has been coming up with all sorts of suggestions for names. Yesterday, she said, "I was thinking they might want to name her Elise Jr." Of course, we don't know if it is a "her" yet which has also caused frustration for Elise. One of her friends asked her if the baby was going to be a girl or boy. She responded, "We don't know because for some reason they want to be surprised, which is killing me."
She also heard Katie mention that Elise's cousin Will has many of the same expressions that she remembers Elise making at that age. Elise has a picture on her wall of Will making a funny face. While looking at it she said, "Will steals all of my expressions, doesn't he?"
Some non-baby related funnies occured while watching the genealogy show "Who Do You Think You Are." There are few shows on TV that interest both of us and are appropriate to watch with an 8 year old so it was fun to watch that show together. She had a million questions and it was a great conversation. She also had a couple funnies. This episode focused on Vanessa Williams' genealogy. At one point, Vanessa referred to one of her relatives as "selfless." Elise asked what that meant and after I described it as someone who puts others' needs and comforts before their own, Elise said, "Oh, you mean like me?" At least we weren't talking about humility, huh?
Vanessa Williams went to visit an Uncle Earl to which Elise said, "Hannah Montana has an Uncle Earl maybe they are related." A couple seconds later the show mentioned that Vanessa's uncle lives in South Carolina. Elise said, "Oh, I guess not. Hannah's Uncle Earl lives in Tennessee." I guess I need to explain to her the difference between fictional TV shows and reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It will all be over tomorrow, Elise. We will get a name to you as soon as we know!
ReplyDeleteUncle Eddie