We have had a remarkably healthy winter. We only visited our pediatrician once in the past five months. I think there is something to be said for immunity building. I had always read that kids build up immunities but I wasn't really buying that until I saw it first hand this winter. We were just discussing how incredibly thankful we were for a very healthy winter for our 3 kids.
Yesterday our health streak ended with a call from the school saying Micah was sick. He is feeling pretty crummy with a fever and other symptoms. From a very early age, Micah has been a math lover. Even at age 5 he would give me his impression of how he was feeling in very specific percentages. "I'm feeling about 56%." Last night as he lay in bed he mumbled something like "I feel puny." I asked him to repeat what he said and it was actually "I feel like a penny." I was confused and asked him to explain. He said, "You know how some people say they feel like a million bucks. I feel like a penny right now." His condition had upgraded to a dollar as of this morning. He woke up with a fever spike last night at 2:27 a.m. I stumbled around to find the thermometer and in a daze told him he still had a fever. We have a 24 hour rule around our house where we don't allow the kids to go out until they have been fever free for 24 hours. In his half awake state, he said, "Well, I guess I can't go out until 2:27 a.m. on Saturday morning." I have always enjoyed the way his mind works.
A few people have asked about how the testing went for Isaiah. We survived our foray into reality tv being videotaped in a small hospital room for two days. Better yet, the EEG did not show any indication of seizure activity. Great news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I very much like how Micah's mind works too. He seems to have a wonderful sense of humor, even in a sickened state. Poor guy, I hope he's feeling better these days (realizing now you posted this a few weeks back). Also glad to hear Isaiah's EEG resulted in very good news. Hugs to you, my friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all of your encouragement Aimee. You are one of the main reasons that I have loved being on Facebook. What fun to reconnect after so many years and what an encouragement you have been!
ReplyDelete