Our kids are busy with camps this summer. Last week was insane as all three kids were at camps in three different locations. I was basically a bus driver and not much else last week. This week, Micah and Elise are back at the camp in the park behind our house, but it is too HOT to go every day. Micah is going today because he has an indoor field trip. Elise is hanging out with me in the cool basement right now. Isaiah is at camp for the morning where they will swim and be inside.
Usually, I pack everything up for camp the night before, but I went over to a friend's house last night for awhile and completely forgot. You would think this wouldn't be so traumatic but here are a few highlights.
I raced around the house looking for the 1200 things we send with Isaiah each morning to a camp that only lasts 3 1/2 hours. We need swim diapers, kneepads, a walker, lunch, a towel, water bottle, swim vest, etc. etc. etc. Isaiah gets stressed out if I'm stressed out so he was being an overall stinker throughout the process. I did what had to be 3,000 loads of laundry last week, but somehow Isaiah didn't have any clean shirts, but he did have 56 pairs of clean shorts. I tried to figure out how I could strap a pair of shorts on as a shirt, but no luck. Instead, I put on a shirt that was two sizes too big and looks more like a dress. I also couldn't find any clean towels, really????
I get Isaiah thrown in the car, but forget to put on his sunscreen. I unbuckle him and lather it on haphazardly hoping for the best. While rubbing sunscreen on his face, I forget that he has a huge bruise on the side of his forehead and rub across it. He decides that I am the worst mother ever and promptly signs the word "hurt." Well, at least he knows how to sign that word now so that's something positive.
I take off late already only to realize I have forgotten Isaiah's lunch in the fridge so I race back to the house to get it. While on my way to camp, Micah calls to tell me he is locked out of the house and has forgotten his water bottle (more on that later). When I pull in to camp to drop Isaiah off, I open the door to discover that I never buckled him back in after the sunscreen application. I try quickly to pretend like I am unbuckling him before the camp counselor notices my transgression.
I didn't get Micah up on time or have enough time to get onto him every few minutes about staying focused to get out the door so he had to leave to walk to camp after I had already left to take Isaiah. After telling him twelve times not to forget anything because he was closing the locked door behind him, he promptly forgot his water bottle and couldn't get back in to the house to get it. When he called I wanted to be frustrated with him, but since I had forgotten Isaiah's lunch that morning it hardly seemed justified. Plus, I had forgotten to put the key that we hide outside back last week so really it's all my fault that he couldn't get back into the house.
It is now 10:00 a.m. and I'm exhausted! Are we having fun yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Even when I plan ahead, I seem to still have days like those. Those are the times that make me thankful for the reminder that God's mercies are new every morning!
ReplyDelete